FODE Greg Horner of the Cedar Tree Foundation passes on news of the Smith Fellows program. These are two-year postdoctoral fellowships in conservation research, jointly supported by the Cedar Tree Foundation and the Society for Conservation Biology. The overall goal of the program is to more tightly link conservation research and conservation practice. Key details are as follows:
- Annual salary of $50,000 USD, research budget of $32,000, travel budget of $8,000
- Open to applicants of any nationality affiliated with a US research institution, less than 5 years post-PhD, mentored jointly by an academic sponsor and a conservation practitioner
- Successful applicants must demonstrate high potential for innovative research and leadership in their field, and propose a research plan that creatively and effectively addresses a pressing conservation question
- Four fellowships to be awarded
- Application deadline Sept. 21
Click the link for details.